- Hepatitis B Education, Outreach, and Awareness. Raising awareness of Hepatitis B in our community, APHCV offers testing for Hepatitis B, vaccination, and treatment. APHCV is a proud member of the Los Angeles County Hepatitis B Coalition, a professional group seeking to rid our community of Hepatitis B.
- Diabetes Management. A workshop for those at-risk for diabetes or those already living with diabetes. Uses preventive measures and self-management strategies to increase the quality of life for those affected.
- New Mom Educational Workshops. Topics include breast feeding, car safety, potty training, lead poisoning concerns, and nutritional education.
- Family Planning. Includes pregnancy testing, HIV/STD testing, counseling, and treatment.
- WISEWOMAN Hypertension Management For Women. Seeking to increase prevention and awareness of cardiovascular disease in women ages 40 to 64, the WISEWOMAN program provides patients with access to screenings and lifestyle interventions. This allows patients to monitor their own individual risks and enable them to make better lifestyle choices.
- Breastfeeding Workshops. Breastfeeding is one of the best ways to keep your new baby happy, healthy and strong. Learn helpful techniques, the important benefits of breastfeeding and get answers to all of your questions.
To learn more about our wellness workshops for women, please call 323-644-3880.
- Reach Out and Read. Our medical practitioners will discuss with parents the importance of reading with their children, particularly between ages 6 months and 5 years. In addition, children are given books to read at the end of their physical.
- Leadership Development. Trains youth on becoming critical thinkers, strong leaders, and responsible members of our community. APHCV provides youth with community service opportunities, internships, and the chance to serve on the Student Advisory Boards at John Marshall or Belmont High Schools.